look what ive found!

Soloman

Nice find, although I for one would not want that on the front of my AEG for two reasons:

1. It would look rather bad.

2. Doesn't look too light either, and although I don't mind a nice heft to my AEG's I don't really want unnecessary weight.

And also if you can shoot round corners with it, then I'm against that as it defeats the purpose of trying to hold a room or building if someone can just poke that round the corner and then see where everyone is, and take shots at them without even showing any body parts for the OPFOR to shoot at, it all comes back to the issue of Blind Firing, which I believe is wrong for someone to just poke a gun round a corner and fire without knowing who and what is around that corner. But that was covered in a rather long thread which debated everything on the said issue.

Adam

And also if you can shoot round corners with it, then I'm against that as it defeats the purpose of trying to hold a room or building if someone can just poke that round the corner and then see where everyone is, and take shots at them without even showing any body parts for the OPFOR to shoot at, it all comes back to the issue of Blind Firing, which I believe is wrong for someone to just poke a gun round a corner and fire without knowing who and what is around that corner. But that was covered in a rather long thread which debated everything on the said issue.

Adam

i dont think theres anything wrong with using a camera to look around corners in a room to see where people are... adds a little more realism because if say the SAS were to storm somewhere they would like to know whats going on inside... cameras are good forthat.

All true, of course its not blind firing in its truest form, but it is comparable to blind firing in the sense that your not even exposing yourself to the OPFOR. However this was covered in the other mentioned thread about the Blind Fire Rule, and so this is not the place to bring it back up.

Yes, cameras a good for that, but to my knowledge I don't think a special forces team would have a camera like that on their weapons, of course they may have fibre optics to look under doors and such, but thats slightly different. Apart from that I could see the camera lense getting rather shot up, unless of course you create some sort of shield, which would again increase the weight of the weapon.

Even though the OPFOR could, in thoery, shoot your gun, there isn't much point as many places do not count hits to your weapon, as kills and so it is pointless to shoot the persons weapon, which could cause damage to it, and which could also cause unwanted agro.

Adam

The US special forces have prototypes of these things (but better, obviously) being tested at the minute, the idea is to make their jobs a bit safer by not having them make targets of themselves by poking their bodys round corners, the real thing has thermal imaging, and uses a monicle style eyepiece like apache pilots have. I dont see why you shouldn't be able to use one in airsoft, unless you're emptying a super XXXL electric winding box mag around a corner while using one, cos that's just wrong.

the best thing about that.. thing.. is the head mounted viewing kit.

although only one eyepiece would be enough as you still want at least one of your own eyes on the ball as it were.

'high voltage lcds' - does that mean theyll drain batteries quickly?

ive managed to source 8v 8hr battery packs for my camera/receiver equipment [off ebay] but have never seen them available since.

as for mounting it on the gun - thats fine, ive done that as kronic pointed out, but aside from 'blindfire' rules in games, if you poke your gun out and about in a 'weapon-hits count' game, then you may as well just stick your head out [or use a mirror..]..

Archived