is it worth the cash  

173 members have voted

1. 1. is it worth the cash

• hell yes
    • noooooooo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The systema is without doubt a good rifle and it's very realistic. But there is no way a sane person can justify spending £800 on an M4 IMO.

Be sensible and get a couple of ICS or CA guns and a GBB or some new gear etc if you really want to spend the money on airsoft.

With that much cash, why not spend a bit on airsoft and the rest on a new telly, PC, car or somthing else.

i played against a couple of systemas a few weeks ago, and to be honest, apart from being over powered for the uk, i didnt note much difference to CA or ICS.

they were firing well over uk limits, straight out of the box, so you would have to buy it, then DEGRADE it. whats the point ?

im pretty certain the guys who had them didnt pay shop price, because they 'know people', so for them it may have been quite viable to buy the gun, but at 800 odd quid, there is definitely not 600 quids worth of difference between those and CA / ICS M4's.

dont bother.

i think it is a no

it will take alot to justify spending nigh on a grand on 1 AEG

then think how much rubbish we put on them afterwards, thats gonna get pricey!

just go with an ICS one and buy a load of stuff for it.

but still i'd buy one........if i was rich :P

Everyone is saying yes for realism, but they don't have proper trades, and the m4 style one only takes a 7.2v battery which is going to suck. Also you can only use systema mags in them.

The only plus sides i see are, it stops firing when the mag is empty which i admit is pretty cool, the2 part gear box, and systema internals standard.

But for the price of one you could get an ICS M4 with full systema, or prometheus even, internals then put a pile of accessories on it.

However who am i to talk, i buy guarder conversion kits.

I would suggest that it's called a training rifle for a reason, for skirmish use it's probably not - but for training purposes it might be... I'm not sure how much MILES gear costs but...

If I had the choice (and wanted an Armalite (anyone notice how similar the word is to Marmite - and how similar peoples reactions tend to be :D )) I'd look towards the Sun Project before the Systema.

would suggest that it's called a training rifle for a reason, for skirmish use it's probably not - but for training purposes it might be... I'm not sure how much MILES gear costs but...

MILES is laser gear lol, the advantage of Systema is you DONT need that lol. Still stupid amount to spend although on the other hand it is a top of the line AEG so might be worth it just for that

i must admit the only real reason i would buy a systema gun is because it stops on the last round. apart from that there isnt much that you cant find on any other AEG.

i do remember there was a thread in the tech section on fixing this into any old gun....not sure if it was ever achieved.

And from what ive heard (secondhand knowledge here) they aren't the greatest weapons out on the field to skirmish with.

That's my point.

If you have the choice of buying MILES gear to train your troops, training them to use it... or buying two dozen Systema M4s.

If MILES gears breaks the grand (and i suspect its closer to three or four) then the Systema system is far more cost effective in certain training scenarios.

They'll never come down in price, because airsofters won't flood the market.

If we had then youu'd get other companies copying the idea, then they'd come down in price.

Anywho CA is working with Systema to make a skirmishable version of the STR so why not wait for that?

Then if that works out, others will make similar guns & they'll become cheap-er.

I actually own the new Systema M4 training rifle. Yes I spent £850.00 with Airsoft Armoury and got 5 mags with it. I can honestly say that the rifle is superb in every way. Do I think the rifle is worth that? well, yes. When you compare the difference to a TOP minimi at £800.00 knowing full well that the internal bellows aren't that good, I personally think that £850 is worth spending on a weapon that you cannot fault everytime you pick it up.

Classic Army are very good, metal body, 328 fps, high cap mag as standard, solid as a rock and for £220.00 - BUT ... motor issues and hop issues are just some problems with them. Now, I that these little problems can be fixed and still not spend as much as £850, but the Systema M4 is pure bliss out of the box. The hop is the best I have ever seen, the range excels anything I have ever owned (CA, ICS, TM) and at 328 fps out of the box - the internals, not only sound unique, but act unique. It has a system that allows the trigger to be very responsive on a slight pull, something you will never get with any other AEG. The spring change from the cylinder is a 2 minute job. My Systema is now running at *** fps and turns very nicely even with the 7.2v battery (7.2 2400 NICAD battery comes with the gun). How many rifles can do that with a 7.2v battery?

Airsoft Armoury (Amersham) had 15 of these rifles in, they sold all 15 in 2 days - so I know I'm not the only mad person to skirmish with an £850 M4 rifle!

I keep my Systema M4 at work (Airsoft Armoury - Cannock) just to let the customers not only see, but try the rifle. I defy anyone to say their not impressed! It might not be worth the money to most, but it's a damn fine rifle to me. Maybe a review is needed with some images .... anyone local who wants to write a review on this rifle are more than welcome to come and see it at the shop. :rolleyes:

Archived