Model 50 M4 Tactical Rail

uscmCorps

Another product sample I received a while back, the Model 50 M4 Tactical Rail Handguard made by PROUD Tactical Gear.

model50m4tacticalrail02cs4.jpg

model50m4tacticalrailclyv8.jpg

model50m4tacticalrailclrx4.jpg

model50m4tacticalrailclja2.jpg

* please note that the lower rail on the bottom of the handguard has been removed by me. I didn't need it there so I removed it as that felt more comfortable to me.

Pic of the kit:

aeg15dyc3.jpg

This item is available in two colors, Black and FDE (Flat Dark Earth), and in two sizes, 10.5" and 14.5". The lower part of the Handguard is mostly plastic which is apparently also how it is on the real steel product that this is a replica of. Though being made of plastic, the grade of plastic is extremely high quality and rock solid with zero flex. The sample I received was in FDE, and the plastic coloring is an excellent match to that used in many real steel products that are also available in FDE-like colors. For example, look at how the FDE plastic color is a nice match to the FDE of the real steel VLTOR MOD-Stock. This is especially nice when most of the airsoft products I have bought from other airsoft manufacturers like G&P and King Arms which were supposed to be FDE looked pretty nasty. This plastic FDE on the other hand was perfect. The rest of the rail is equally high quality and is machined metal that has been anodized in a FDE color. I'm in love with the FDE anodizing on this piece. As you can see from the pics, the FDE anodizing is a perfect match with the FDE anodizing on the base of the Eotech 553. The finish is very similar to that of the VFC SCAR's FDE anodizing. So in other words... real nice.

The rail comes with two spare mountable rails that can be swapped with the side rails on the hand guard that can be used to mount an M203 grenade launcher:

aeg15hnewmm3.jpgaeg15jnewlq8.jpg

The assembly of this piece is amazing! Once the lower half of the handguard slides on, it doesn't wiggle or budge one bit. Rock solid to say the least. Six screws are used to securely hold the upper half of the handguard onto the barrel nut. Six screws are a bit overkill but who am I to complain? :P One of the coolest details are the rest of the screws on this piece. The other screws on the rail are designed such that they are prevented from being pulled all the way out by an E-ring on the opposite side. And to ensure the screw doesn't jiggle about while in the unscrewed position, a spring keeps it under tension. It's hard to describe exactly how it works, but for those of you who have a VFC SCAR, these screws are the same design as that of the VFC SCAR's screws that hold the lower rail and barrel assembly on the gun.

model50m4tacticalraildepu1.jpg

model50m4tacticalraildedo4.jpg

This is available at many online retailers, including WGCShop.com.

Like the SIG-552 RIS I just reviewed that is also made by PROUD Tactical, this M4 RIS isn't cheap, but very high quality indeed and pretty unique. :D

model50m4tacticalrail01sv6.jpg

Archived