ICS reveal release date for the L85A2 and CPX

FarEast

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet Xerxes' ######s, this is excellent news. I only wonder how long it will take to get to the US.

Incidentally, I had just pestered ICS with some emails the other day (One of which is sitting at the end of the last L85 thread if you're interested).

Aside from expressing my jubilation, I have nothing else to comment on.

List price:US$567

Pardon my opinion, but that is way too high. I don't see how to justify pricing this way. One might as well buy one of STAR's offerings; they are reputable, have excellent externals, and great reliability. Unless this is marked down about hundred and a half USD, they are going to lose a lot of potential sales. There already exists a product satisfying the >500USD market, a product satisfying the <200USD market. Effectually, there is no product satisfying the 200-450USD range, which is probably the most appealing range for potential buyers. I am discounting the G+G L85 because it is least suitable for its price range. ICS would have an easy time usurping G+G's market share for the L85. Point of interest for ICS, business wise, 400-450 is the ideal price range for this, regardless of how well made it is. What ICS is doing is creating competition for themselves where there does not have to be, and not catering to the largest pool of potential buyers. ICS is pricing based on what they feel is adequate, not what would be best for them based on the market. I must conclude, extremely poor marketing decision on their part.

Depending on how much this is marked down to its eventual retail price (not MSRP), this has the potential for disaster for ICS.

Guys calm down... I spoke to sales rep for ICS yesterday and the price is still in discussion and they haven't worked out a final price for it. Already they know that players won't pay the prices they would have 2-3 years ago for this replica and they are reviewing the pricing.

I've given the link of this thread to the Sales Rep at ICS so keep the constructive critique comming as they do listen.

Personally, I think it's a fair price.

The ICS M4 goes for arounf £220UK. That's $450US. The L85 is harder to manufacture (working with steel is much harder on machines than pot metal) and higher quality so I always figured it'd be £250-£300UK or $600US.

Let's face it, if ICS priced it at $250 it wouldn't make any difference. People would still be saying "Bah, the AA R85 is just as good and there's no way this is worth $150 more".

Airsofters are cheap.

The only exceptions are the ones who actually buy this stuff, and they're not moaning. They're getting ready to purchase.

Course, given that it costs about $50 in parts to make an Army R85 reliable, you gotta ask how many people will still be buying the ICS gun after the initial rush.

Spot on. Although I think it would be better stratergy to mark it according to thier current product range.

Anotherr thing to take in to account is the R&D, new trigger system, new gear box design and new technology used to design it.

£220UK may equal $450US... but no one in the US is paying $450 for a basic ICS M4. At least for the US buyer, this price seems to jump a tier. Right now, at least in USD, you've got a $270-300 tier and a $350-400 tier. I think a lot of people were expecting the L85 to be at that third tier $450-500.

Now, that being said, as has been pointed out, the price is still in negotiation. I personally have no problem supporting this gun as I think that ICS is the only airsoft company that is innovative. The R&D costs and the extra features, as FarEast pointed out, probably justify the pricing for what could (easily?) be the best L85 on the market.

But that I think a lot of people will be suprised at just how pricey this L85 is.

Personally, I think it's a fair price.

The ICS M4 goes for arounf £220UK. That's $450US. The L85 is harder to manufacture (working with steel is much harder on machines than pot metal) and higher quality so I always figured it'd be £250-£300UK or $600US.

Let's face it, if ICS priced it at $250 it wouldn't make any difference. People would still be saying "Bah, the AA R85 is just as good and there's no way this is worth $150 more".

Airsofters are cheap.

The only exceptions are the ones who actually buy this stuff, and they're not moaning. They're getting ready to purchase.

Course, given that it costs about $50 in parts to make an Army R85 reliable, you gotta ask how many people will still be buying the ICS gun after the initial rush.

...of course that all depends on where youre located. Im obviously from the US, last year i bought and ICS m4cqb which was $300. So you cant say that it would cost 600euros, becuase it didnt, i believe it went for about the same amount but in euros, maybe 230 if i remember correctly. Ours prices do not directly correspond in anyway that i can tell. That being said im will to pay around $370. That also being said...im probably one of the few people who severely underestimated the pricing.

Archived