New Gen fast mags

Crimson

Those are gen 1, not gen 2. Gen 1 is smooth, 2 has several ribs to take the compression bands in different configs. BTW, Gen 2 is also smaller, to waste less space and the tabs at the open end can be folded back to snap into place. Seems like a nice idea for CQB, I might pick some gen 2's up when they do become available (see "Coming Soon" on EB front page)

Those are gen 1, not gen 2. Gen 1 is smooth, 2 has several ribs to take the compression bands in different configs. BTW, Gen 2 is also smaller, to waste less space and the tabs at the open end can be folded back to snap into place. Seems like a nice idea for CQB, I might pick some gen 2's up when they do become available (see "Coming Soon" on EB front page)

Thanks dude ;)

How do they work?

These work on the retention principle. Same as some knife sheaths or the Fobus retention holsters. Basically a light pinch from a rubberised/grippy hinge like a crocodile clip.

I've had a play with one at Uktactical.com and personally, I don't think they've quite nailed it yet. All that polymer bulk just for one mag. The time you're saving isn't worth it. However. I think these would be great for close protection personel who only need up to 6 mags on a belt, and I think the whole idea and principle is definitely a step in the right direction. For airsoft? Hmm. not sure... I suppose they have the 'New and cool' factor but i'd use a standard bungee 2x or 3x pouch or velcro tab any-day.

Have you seen these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdNJ3_z2KAk

STRAC fast system. Basically, a magazine for magazines. Only 3 mags on each side. Could be ok for a support gunner but too bulky just for 6 mags in my opinion. It's exciting all this new technology!

These work on the retention principle. Same as some knife sheaths or the Fobus retention holsters. Basically a light pinch from a rubberised/grippy hinge like a crocodile clip.

I've had a play with one at Uktactical.com and personally, I don't think they've quite nailed it yet. All that polymer bulk just for one mag. The time you're saving isn't worth it. However. I think these would be great for close protection personel who only need up to 6 mags on a belt, and I think the whole idea and principle is definitely a step in the right direction. For airsoft? Hmm. not sure... I suppose they have the 'New and cool' factor but i'd use a standard bungee 2x or 3x pouch or velcro tab any-day.

Have you seen these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdNJ3_z2KAk

STRAC fast system. Basically, a magazine for magazines. Only 3 mags on each side. Could be ok for a support gunner but too bulky just for 6 mags in my opinion. It's exciting all this new technology!

Amazing ! i am starting a new thread for this:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=155960

Archived