eBayBanned ComTac IIs!

RedRaptor

Things that really matter? Things other then toys and gadgets?

Not true becuase my guitar was a fake ! after i bought it i found out there were chinese fakes passing around and mine happened to be one!

China has messed everything even things that matter

Signal amplification?

No, sound amplification. Basically, Comtacs and similar headsets fully encase your ears like a regular pair of hearing protectors you often see shooters or construction workers wear. Obviously, this would prevent you from hearing the majority of the outside noise around you, so each side of the headset has a pair of microphones that pick up environmental noises and feeds it back into the headset. The huge benefit of this is that the headset clamps loud noises that would be harmful to you while at the same time you can have the headset pick up quiet noises that you would not normally hear with just your ears alone. Basically, it amplifies some sounds and clamps others.

I'm just doubtful these Comtacs will have that feature. And if they don't... that'll kinda suck for the user as the replicas definitely appear to be full seal which means that the amount of outside sound you hear will be dramatically reduced.

No, sound amplification. Basically, Comtacs and similar headsets fully encase your ears like a regular pair of hearing protectors you often see shooters or construction workers wear. Obviously, this would prevent you from hearing the majority of the outside noise around you, so each side of the headset has a pair of microphones that pick up environmental noises and feeds it back into the headset. The huge benefit of this is that the headset clamps loud noises that would be harmful to you while at the same time you can have the headset pick up quiet noises that you would not normally hear with just your ears alone. Basically, it amplifies some sounds and clamps others.

I'm just doubtful these Comtacs will have that feature. And if they don't... that'll kinda suck for the user as the replicas definitely appear to be full seal which means that the amount of outside sound you hear will be dramatically reduced.

A signal can be anything. In this case, it's sound from the outside, as you so firmly pointed out, or perhaps voltage after the sound as been converted via a microphone. Your headset is a system which takes that signal and attempts to amplify it without introducing instability (i.e., 'feedback'). From your post, the aim of the Comtac device is to attenuate signals above a certain magnitude, amplify signals from below a certain magnitude, and obviously clear up "noise." Noise, in the technical sense, are artifacts that distort the actual information, i.e., the signal.

I don't see how my post disagrees with yours at all. Otherwise, though I was not replying to you, thanks for the overview of the Comtac's functionality.

Please see this thread, originally posted by Airsoftnews.eu as "TCI Liberator 3" from Ebaybanned, but they are replica Peltor COMTAC 2's:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=156373

*Ebaybanned website says it will be out in a few days, but email from Jesse there said it will be at least 1 month before they sell this.

I don't see how my post disagrees with yours at all. Otherwise, though I was not replying to you, thanks for the overview of the Comtac's functionality.

That's cool. It just wasn't clear. When talking about comms, most people's (myself included) would infer signal amplification as sending and receiving of a signal (as in broadcast power), but as you pointed out it can refer to a much broader spectrum of applications and definitions. Just didn't want anyone reading the thread, misinterpreting it, internalizing it as gospel and then spreading misinformation. ;)

Archived