LCT AKMS Real Assembly AEG (Ver.2009)

Science

I just read news of the new LCT AKMS Real Assembly AEG (Ver.2009) on airsoft-news.eu.

Does anyone know what "Real Assembly" is? VFC style fastening pins comes to my mind.

May I have your speculations?

Yes, it seems LCT 2009 guns are pinned and have realistic takedown.

I've ordered a LCT AKM 2009, as soon as i get it, i'll post a review.

With a little luck, my LCT 09 AKM kit arrives at my doorstep later today, and then i'll be more than happy to let you guys know what is or is not pinned or grubbed, and answer any other questions you may have (baring in mind that i've bought the kit, not the preassembled AEG, so i can tell you nothing about the Gearbox in thouse) :)

Good news, everyone! its a suppository!

No, don't dwell on that.. lets instead talk 09 AKM, and ohhh my, there is lots to say, so gather round progressive thinkers, and hold on to your Pilotka's.

So, what's pinned, and whats grubbed?

1. Barrel assembly, still held by 2 grubbies beneath the rear sightblock, no change there.
  2. Rear sightblock, one pin, two small grubs on the underside.
  3. Front retainer for lower grip, rotating arm for dissasembly, no grubs.
  4. Gaschamber, one pin in the front, one grub on the underside at the back.
  5. Front sight, 2 pins over the barrel, one grub on the underside.

In other words, its much improved, and pin fanatics will be pleased, if not 100% satiesfied.

And yes, the gastube and front grip can be stripped like the real one now, but there's one oddity, the front sling mount on the grip trunion is.. well it's quite a bit larger than it used to be, and i'm not quite sure what to make of that.

Speaking of grips, LCT has upped their game on this one, sure the 08 wood grips like on the old AKMS looked pretty good, but.. not quite right, thease though, they look very convincing, and the upper is laminated this time too.

They are not 100% accurate, but i gotta admit, they come clouse, and you woulden't really need to replace them with realsteel ones, they are good.

The rear sight is now the propper 1000m type instead of the 800m, and has the propper "П" mark instead of the "N", it also drops down propperly to the 100m and 200m marks now, so that's much improved.

Ok, thats enough for now, there's still more toys for me to unpack in the magic mystery box from HongKong, and my cats really want that cardboard box!

Congratz on the new toy Grobut and thanks for the info, will we be seeing some pics on the AK pics thread?

Thank you, and yes you definately will, though it will take a few days, gotta assemble a couple of new gearboxes and then do the weathering, plus fitting some RS wood.

In other news, the kitties did get the cardboard box, and have since turned it into a doom fortress, i fear for my safety.

Can you post some photos?

Good news, everyone! its a suppository!

No, don't dwell on that.. lets instead talk 09 AKM, and ohhh my, there is lots to say, so gather round progressive thinkers, and hold on to your Pilotka's.

So, what's pinned, and whats grubbed?

1. Barrel assembly, still held by 2 grubbies beneath the rear sightblock, no change there.
  2. Rear sightblock, one pin, two small grubs on the underside.
  3. Front retainer for lower grip, rotating arm for dissasembly, no grubs.
  4. Gaschamber, one pin in the front, one grub on the underside at the back.
  5. Front sight, 2 pins over the barrel, one grub on the underside.

In other words, its much improved, and pin fanatics will be pleased, if not 100% satiesfied.

And yes, the gastube and front grip can be stripped like the real one now, but there's one oddity, the front sling mount on the grip trunion is.. well it's quite a bit larger than it used to be, and i'm not quite sure what to make of that.

Speaking of grips, LCT has upped their game on this one, sure the 08 wood grips like on the old AKMS looked pretty good, but.. not quite right, thease though, they look very convincing, and the upper is laminated this time too.

They are not 100% accurate, but i gotta admit, they come clouse, and you woulden't really need to replace them with realsteel ones, they are good.

The rear sight is now the propper 1000m type instead of the 800m, and has the propper "П" mark instead of the "N", it also drops down propperly to the 100m and 200m marks now, so that's much improved.

Ok, thats enough for now, there's still more toys for me to unpack in the magic mystery box from HongKong, and my cats really want that cardboard box!

Can you post some photos?

Yus! sorry for the quality, but with all the grey and rain outside, i didn't have much light helping me here..

The barrel, you can see the rotating arm on the front retainer amongst other things here:

Akm09-barrelassy.jpg

More barrel, showing some pins and grubs:

Akm09-barrelpin.jpg

The reciver with stock, empty 09 model on the top, AIMS reciver with RS stock and internals below (i'll be using the AIMS with the RS stock on mine):

Akm09-Recivers.jpg

Front grips, RS on top sporting the rubber bands, LCT 09 below fitted to the front:

Akm09-grips.jpg

Hope thouse where somewhat helpfull :)

Does the rear sight function properly now? Rather than floating above slope like it used to.

Yes, it works as it should now, actually you can see it's in the 100m position in the last pic, and not hovering in mid air (though the pic is rather dark, so you have to look carefully).

Thanks for the review Grobut. That explains everything. I was hoping something closer to VFC so I can change parts with my GHK gbb, get some better quality parts on it.

Are you not bending your trigger guard? That is one thing I can't stand :D .

ak74wp7.jpg

w1229.png

It is more emphasized on the GHK's grip. With pliers I bent it into this.

dsc01916io1.jpg

w1632.png

dsc01915jo3.jpg

w1632.png

Now I want to sandblast all parts, refinish them with Gunkote. Also engrave some trades if I can.

Archived