GHK AK Kit Clone by BF

frogfish

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't the GHK only recoil about half that distance?

Yeah but it's got a small plastic stop in it that really helps to cushion the moving parts. Mine is realllyy reliable, love that gun to death. I wouldnt buy a clone tho, I've seen how AGM M4's are and theyre total sh!t, tho I guess the WA's are too. GBBR's just really need TLC unless theyre a quality build, and so far the GHK has been great.

Only concern is the hopup which is plastic and the bolt head, tho both of which seem to be made out of good quality ABS.

GHK mags are about £35 in the UK at the moment, so I'd expect the clone ones to be on par with a chineese hicap; IE, £15-£20 when shipped to the UK, dirt cheap when in china.

Though, there's only so far you can drive the price down on something complex like a Gas mag.

Given that a GHK needs most of the major internal components replacing with RA-Tech parts, I'm exceptionally wary about this as a 'cheap' alternative.

Expect to budget another £100 or so on replacing the externals with quality reinforced components - presuming it's even compatible (can't view from work so I can't comment).

thing is you're not having to spend 250 bucks on a GHK kit (thats a bugger to find now in kit form anyway) in order to throw 90 percent of it away

now you get to spend 140 bucks or so, and if the fire control parts are steel then you actually have a fair few less bits to throw away :)

buy a new DG or RAT bolt carrier, and a new RAT npas bolt

you might even be able to buy an RAT or DG hop chamber as it looks like this kit is using the old style hop, so the bits you need to scrounge from supplied hop to complete those will have a good chance of fitting..

not sure if the dboys has the gas piston or not Only photo of it thus far was an external shot where cant actually tell one way or the other..

Also bear in mind the gas piston will also require a slightly different bolt carrier from standard GHK ones - if dboys bolt carrier is pot metal or cast steel and you want a decent CNC'd one to replace it, then Im not sure if the RAT steel carrier is available to buy in 'can attach gas piston' version as a standalone part?

not sure if the dboys has the gas piston or not Only photo of it thus far was an external shot where cant actually tell one way or the other..

Also bear in mind the gas piston will also require a slightly different bolt carrier from standard GHK ones - if dboys bolt carrier is pot metal or cast steel and you want a decent CNC'd one to replace it, then Im not sure if the RAT steel carrier is available to buy in 'can attach gas piston' version as a standalone part?

I'm talking about this thing:

http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-40618-1-1.html

From this thread:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=171851

They didn't say who makes this one. I thought it was DBOYs, guess not. Supposedly it's cheap, $120-ish.

I've seen many of the parts break over on the threads on www.gasguns.info. I would replace the hammer, valve knocker, and there is another piece that prevents the gun from firing without the bolt in it, can't remember what it's called. Not to mention the springs break, but can be replaced with ones made of piano wire.

I ended up getting the whole daytonagun kit ($300), hopefully it all holds together, I'm still not so sure about a plastic hop-up and steel/aluminum bolt group.

reason those break is they're usually made of some of the cheapest naffest pot metal known to man and quite inconsistently too (so you end up with ###### grain structure air pockets etc on some of them and those give out in no time)

If the hammer etc on this one are steel (even roughly cast) then those should hold up OK as they arent under a lot of stress - just more than the roughest of the original pot metal ones could handle :)

main two parts Id wait n see on are the bolt and the bolt carrier theres soooo little metal supporting the screws that limit the bolts travel within the carrier that a carrier ran off from anything short of cnc'd billet is just asking for probs - and this one has a bolt carrier that looks like its been pretty roughly cast.

Time will tell wether it holds up or not (ie I wouldnt run out and buy one at same time as the kit but Id certainly budget for the need to go out and buy a decent carrier in worst case scenario)

Main issue with the original style plastic hop unit is actually the tab underneath next to the BB feed that trips the BB release on the mags rather than contact with the nozzle. Cause of the angle the mags get inserted at and way it was originally designed its a wee bit more prone to snapping the tab than it could be, and a snapped one would prevent the mag from releasing BBs into the feed.

Archived