TM Detonics trigger trouble

Miles_DK

Hi guys

I have a recently arisen problem with my Marui Detonics:

Recently it started not firing some shots - In fact, almost exactly every other shot. What happens is, when I insert a loaded magazine, cock the gun and pull the trigger, it will go back as far as normally, but it's like something in the trigger mechanism doesn't quite lock into place the way it should. Instead I get a low "click" from inside the gun, but the hammer isn't released.

So right now I have a two-taps-one-shot-pistol.

Have any of you had that problem, and is there a solution other than scrapping it?

The pistol fired less than 1000 shots (probably less than 500, even), and it has been thoroughly cleaned. I took it apart down to the frame, but the trigger mechanism seems to be built into the inner back part of the frame, so I don't know how to get to it :-/

Please share your experiences/suggestions on how to fix this.

All help is appreciated.

EDIT:

I guess this thread http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=188780 might have something to do with my problem. If so, does anybody know where to find a guide how to disassemble the gun down to the trigger mechanism?

• 4 months later...

Ok, time for a pretty long overdue update...

I finally sat down and figured out how to take the Detonics apart, which took me a few hours.

Once apart, I applied RacingManiacs solution of filing the lever-thingy as he described and illustrated so well. Now my Detonics works again, flawlessly.

Thank you, RacingManiac :)

EDIT:

Solution found in this thread: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=188780&st=0&gopid=2421919entry2421919

Archived