ca or ics

Malace

Hello everyone. I would like to purchase either a ICS M4A1 full stock rifle or a CA M-15A4 full stock rifle. After doing some research i narrowed it down to these two. I have read reviews of both guns and they both seem very good. The only thing i noticed was the fact that the CA is noted to look more realistic and nicer overall while the ICS is more reliable. The CA seems to have a reputation of breaking or being shipped broken. Money is not an issue because the price difference is only about $50. Can anyone help me make a decision? Also i'm not quite sure yet if i want the carbine or the rifle. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hehe, Arnie's got to do something about this, otherwise, there's always going to be people asking this question over and over again. ;)

Now the search engine's improved, and one can search for 3 letters, so search for "ICS" will bring up all the past discussions on this. Can also search for "classic army" or "m15a4".

guys, really, just telling the guy to search takes more time then explaining to him your choices. sure, you can say "use the seartch, nub", but why not give him some real info on his question? otherwise, your guilty of just as much spam. the guy asked a legit question, he deserves a legit answer.

anyways, the CA M15's are supposed to be the dog's danglers in terms of accuracy and overall awesomeness. i read somewhere on these boards of a chap who grasped his own M15 by the barrel, and proceeded to break a number of plywood boards with it, and still fired the gun afterwards. CA guns come with metal internals, and are pre-uprated to 328 FPS/ 1 joule. i think they have issues with naff hopup.

ICS M4's have this neat design where the gearbox is split in two pieces, one housed in the lower receiver, on in the upper. makes cleaning and maintainance alot easier, and it also field-strips like the real deal. from what i know, the ICS internals are plastic. also, the tappet plate seems prone to breaking.

basically, they're equal, pretty much. they both have small, easilly fixable issues. myself, i would go with CA, just because.

oh, and search next time, nub :-D

thank you....i'm buying it right now

Good luck with the gun, Hope you like it.

Good, you won't regret it (even when the tappet plate is broken, but it'll just take another $10 to fix).

Why not just have your retailer replace it not and save the trouble. Or at least but a replacement now so you have it when you need it

All opinion, I happen to prefer a LE weapon as opposed to a civillian rifle myself ;)

Glad you bought it, you won't be disapointed.

Agreed. And I too am glad you decided on ICS.

And unlike some people, I really do think the grey shade of the metal body featured on the ICS M4 series looks much better than the M15A4. But you really need to see both in person to be assured of this statement.

After a few months of comparing the two (CA M15 vs. ICS M4), I ordered my ICS M4 from Airsplat, along with this Sanyo battery pack. This is my first AEG, so I didn't wanna end up with the wrong stuff. The gearbox design and the forward assist are what sold me on the ICS, as well as the full metal body, but the CAs have those too.

Archived