ICS Mp5A4 for first AEG

Joke

Hi, i am getting my first aeg tommarow, and its a ICS Mp5A4 (fixed stock) with 5 hicap mags an 8.4 v 2000 mah battery, and a high profile scope mount for my red dot scope. What can i expect? its a version 3 by the way. Is this gun going to explode to bits when i first play with it? or is it pretty reliable and durable?

Well are you sure your going to need 5 hi cap's considering it already comes with one...

And do you have somewhere to store these? Don't forget a charger and maybe a discharger unless you can make one yourself. ;)

Im geting it in a trade, im trading my M40A1 TGC for this gun, and i can buy a charger at a local airsoft store. Where can i get a discharger? and what will it do if i dont have a discharger?

I'm not sure if I'm correct here but I believe that if it's a Nicd battery then charging it without discharging it first will greatly reduce the life of the battery, meaning it won't last as long. They are normally available from most airsoft shops, some chargers even come with a built in discharger. Well as it's an ICS, and a version 3 at that, it should be sturdy as a rock. Full metal body and a healthy ROF. My mate had an ICS SD5 and that lasted months with no problems and so should yours.

Good luck,

Mike

NiCad batteries have memories. If a NiCad battery is charged, used a bit, then charge again, it will set its memory at the set amount of charge left in the battery. This means that the life of battery is basically screwed.

So, discharging NiCad batteries is a great idea, but if you dont have a discharger then you can just use the battery until it dies (preferably while in a game, shooting at other people and NOT dry firing it).

If you want a discharger, but you dont have a lot of money, you can simply make one. Just buy a bulb, a base for the bulb, some wire, and you have yourself a discharger. Or you can replace the bulb with a small computer fan. A discharger basically uses up the charge in the battery at a slow rate until there is nothing left.

If the battery is a NiMH battery, then all of the above can be forgotten! NiMH batteries do not have memory problems and can be charged at any time.

i recommend you to go get some parts like systema bushings on the gear box if it dont have it already...

gear grease is good to have too... (a lil tub lasts forever)

if you're thinking of using all 5 mags at a skirmish... try getting some sort of a mag holster or a vest or something...

you dont want to go round trying to find the full one in a bag full of loose mags which some are half empty.

answering your question... i have a MP5 too... ICS as well... i have the A5 version... basically only difference is the stock... it's solid... full metal... love it... the only parts i've changed the extended barrel with the custom silencer to go over it... (range and accuracy/consistancy) and the cocking handle part of the gun (from a TM customised part... which can allow me to have a silencer fitted on it) the only problem i've had with my TM one is that it's plastic... it broke because it's not solid enough with me diving around sometimes...

I have an ICS/AE mp5 too (sd5). Yours is airsoft elite too right?

Anyway, I had a problem with the mag my gun came with, it missfed alot. Maybe I just got a bad mag because R22 said in his review that mags worked fine.

Are the extra mags you got ICS?

urban-ninja Posted Today, 09:16 PM

i recommend you to go get some parts like systema bushings on the gear box if it dont have it already...

Don't they already come with upgraded internals?

I have an ICS/AE mp5 too (sd5). Yours is airsoft elite too right?

Anyway, I had a problem with the mag my gun came with, it missfed alot. Maybe I just got a bad mag because R22 said in his review that mags worked fine.

Are the extra mags you got ICS?

I believe that the ICS MP5 Hi-Caps are supposed to be really nice, but I have no idea where the hell you buy them......anyone whould share that info would surely recieve a scooby snack......or at least some brownie points! ;)

Also, the internals aren't upgraded, some noobs say that when the gun shoots at higher FPS than most stock guns, actually the gun shoots about 312 - 315 FPS out of the box, and have a high rate of fire, but the gears aren't upgraded or anything, the more expensive price is due to the full metal body.....

I'm gonna get a High Speed Full Tune Kit and a Systema M100 / PDI 120% Spring to go with it.......me gusta mucho mi amigo..... :D

i have no idea... i took mine apart to put systema ones in...

the gears look fine... i have a spare tappet plate... might get a spare nozzle just incase... (the thing the tappet plate pushes front and back)

anyway... there're so many different versions of the 'ICS' weapons... the retailers do their own stuff on it and brand it theirs... so i dont know what a 'standard' ICS weapon is let alone what parts it's on...

edit: yes the bushings i had were nylon ones at first

Archived