TM G36C

I think they are great. I have owned 4 total and still have 2 of them. Mine were all solid, felt great, shot good and really gave me no problems. I think they're a great beginner gun. I think you'll like one if that's what you decide to go with.

Hannibal

*fruitcage* high if you put one of these 9.6V batteries in it, which require you to dremel inside the handguard...

Can't imagine what high-speed gears would do in such a thing...  :wide-eyed:

Or if you buy a newer 9.6V 1100mah GP1100 pack, you will not have to dremel and it even gives a higher ROF.

NICD's are so old tech. Run with NIMH much easier to use...

Or if you buy a newer 9.6V 1100mah GP1100 pack, you will not have to dremel and it even gives a higher ROF.

NICD's are so old tech.  Run with NIMH much easier to use...

Quoted for truth. But if I was to plan to get only one battery for a gun, I'd still go for a Ni-CD, because if you like to play winter games, Ni-MHs will just work in guns where the batteries are located near or next the motor (P90, AUG etc) and with the G36C it's not the case.

But anyways, if you only go skirmishing when temperatures are moderate, the Ni-MH will obviously be the better choice...

I Have heavily upgraded my G36c, all new internals, and alot of cosmetic stuff. I love it to bits.

Ps. Systema Helica Hi Speed Gears and 9.6v 1100mah MINI (btw fits in with no modification) Means you run out of ammo quick, looks like a white line comming out of the gun :)

Having always avoided CA in everyway I could, when I got the chance to hold the TM and the CA 36c I was surprised to feel the CA one felt much more sturdy and stronger.

I'd look into the CA36c internals and craftmanship as I havn't had the chance to myself yet. Plus it's all black as opposed to part greyish and part black like the TM.

Overall both are VERY nice guns indeed. The mini batt's not a problem anymore with the new intellect batteries (see www.wgcshop.com > Batteries Section). It has loads of cosmetic parts for it, I personally think quite a wide silencer (SD style as opposed to a SOCOM one) looks fantastic... Oh and an Aimpoint. Not to mention the sights are brilliant.

Edit: Here's the link for the battery. Dead cheap but good quality.

8.4 - http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...4b557ea304edc34

9.6 - http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i....6V%20Batteries

I've had my main TM G36C for more than a year now (I had a second one for a while, but I traded it for an M15A4). It's been with me to nearly ever skirmish I've been to, and I've always been happy with it's performance. It has only failed me once, and that was because I didn't shim it properly when I upgraded it, so I can hardly fault it.

Internally, my gun has a Systema spring, Systema metal bushings and shims, and a Prometheus 6.03mm inner barrel (M4 length, 363mm), but is otherwise stock. I typically run it with a 9.6v 1500mAh NiCad battery. The ROF is terrific.

Externally, I added a G&G metal barrel (bought separately, it's from the G&G G36C RAS set) which allows me to use the custom battery, and adds some rigidity to the gun. I also added Guarder rails to the sides and bottom. One day I was finally able to get a real Hk G36K new style handguard, so I modified the body to fit it. I also bought the KM G36L Transformation Set, which consists primarily of G36K-length barrel extension and a flash hider. It was at this point that I also added the tightbore inner barrel. This necessitated the slight modification of the flash hider. Being slightly too long, the inner barrel needed to poke out into the prongs of the flash hider a bit, so I needed to drill them out slightly. I also added a long bottom rail so that I could use my vertical grip comfortably, an so I could attach my RIS M203 if the need arose.

I find the ghost ring sights work great for airsoft, so I mostly use them. I do sometimes use my Guarder AimPoint Replica though. Overall, it is an excellent all-around gun for skirmishing. I've used it for everything, pure woodland, MOUT, and CQB. With the ability to attach whatever accessories you want, the folding stock, mags that can clamp together, and multiple sling attachments points, I don't think you can get a more versatile gun.

I've had a good amount of mags for it, several of which came and went with the second gun, though more came than went. I had at most five TM hicaps and five TM lowcaps. All have always performed reliably, except when a foreign object found it's way in to a hicap once. The connector nubs do break easily, but usually they break off in the other mag, allowing you to recover them. In my experience, after supergluing them back on, they usually stay put.

After all the use use the gun has seen, the body did start to fatigue. The gun became more and more creaky as time went on, and the stock started to make a noise which indicated that it was starting to crack along the seam. Plus, the body seemed to have picked up a lot of oil which made it rather shiny. The gun still worked well, but I knew it was time to address these issues.

I started searching for CA36 body parts, knowing that because it was made of glass fiber re-enforced polymer, the CA body was much sturdier than the TM's. I was hoping to find someone who converted to an XM8 from a CA36C, since this would be the only way I'd get the mag well (The SL8/9 kits use this part, but the XM8 does not). I posted adds and scanned classifieds and ebay, but had little luck.

Finally I was in Airsoft Extreme over the weekend, so I asked if they had any. Lo and behold, they had one set of CA body parts! I bought the body and rear block, the stock, and the mag well. It didn't take long to install them, though there were a few snags to overcome (for example I had to do some filing to get the catch to hang onto my TM mags), and there remain some things I need to correct. Still, the result was a 110% improvement in look and feel. The CA body matches my real G36K handguard very well, much better than the TM body did. And the whole thing is just so solid! I am going to miss the TM body's real Hk Trademarks though.

I'm working on a complete write-up of the body swap...

Though it's TM part percentage has declined somewhat, I believe the internals will continue to serve as reliably as ever, and my G36K and I will continue to work together for a long time to come.

If I had to do it all over again today, would I have bought a CA36K? Probably. But I'd not have had nearly the experience I've had with my TM. I'd probably have a wole different set of course. Ah well.

Either way, I maintain that the TM is the better choice for a beginner, as my experience with CA guns tends to suggest you need to be willing and able to get your hands dirty to get the most out of them.

Here's my G36K project album, with a sub album of the pics of the body conversion I've taken so far: http://photos.returners.org/gallery/G36K

Here's some more reading for you:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=21800

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=10611

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ic=17646

There are also reviews of the TM and CA on this site:

TM http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/revie...g36c_review.htm

CA http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/revie...36c_review1.htm

Have a search too, there's a lot of content on this topic. Hope that all helps! :)

Quoted for truth. But if I was to plan to get only one battery for a gun, I'd still go for a Ni-CD, because if you like to play winter games, Ni-MHs will just work in guns where the batteries are located near or next the motor (P90, AUG etc) and with the G36C it's not the case.

But anyways, if you only go skirmishing when temperatures are moderate, the Ni-MH will obviously be the better choice...

Simple fix for any battery in near zero temp play...hand warmers. Buy a small pack, break it open and toss it in before the battery...keeps the juice flowing strong...

IDK. I probably would have gotten a CA if I had thought about it before ordering....but hell. I'm happy with mine. its a great gun.

And.....wait.

Do all those STAR conversion kits fit the CA properly? I heard that the CA was slightly smaller in dimensions than the Marui for which the conversion kits were originally for?

~P

Archived