61 members have voted

1. 1. Tokyo Marui G36C or Classic Army G36 series

• Tokyo Marui G36C Mini Rifle
    • Classic Army CA36C Mini Rifle
    • Classic Army CA36K Carbine
    • Classic Army CA36E Rifle
    • Other G36 Brand/maker
    • Get another type of AEG model

I have no idea in the world about what the difference between the Tokyo Marui 36C and the Classic Army CA36? And if I get an CA gun, should I get the Rifle, Carbine or Mini Rifle? Any information would be greatly appreciated because I need a cool looking and good performance AEG and the G36 is it. Thank you, and +rep points will be awarded to anybody who gives info. Thanks.

Also for your information I have read reviews that wern't long.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[boilerplate]

TM or CA, well there are good arguments for both. Do some homework. There's a lot of content in these topics:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...499&qpid=362880

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=26533

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=21800

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...topic=10611&hl=

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ic=17646&hl=G36

Perhaps something in all of that will help you pick. :)

[/boilerplate]

The CA36K is the best, most versatile choice, in my opinion. Three bears: G36C == too small, G36 == too big, G36K == ...well, you know. ;)

TM G36C is the best n00b gun.

CA is 328, TM is not. The CA body's looks alot better. My next purface is the KE. The KE seems to be the best allrounder, as the C is to small for woodland the E is too long for CQB, but  I guess you could use for Mout.

Thanks. I heard once thta the C was good for Woodland, but I dotn think it is now. So most likely I will go with the K, but I will still have to make up my desicion. Because any AEG G36 I get I will be happy from.

The G36c does GREAT in woodland. Someone lied to you.

I use my G36c in the woodland all the time. It is the best gun for my tactics...which is sneak up and kill the enemy... :D

Just get the C and see how you like it. Then if you need something a bit more, just spend some money and get the G36k conversion kit which is about $115. Not too bad. Plus. ONLY GET A MARUI.

Classic Army is great, no doubt. But for a newer player, the TM will do you more good than the CA. CA has too many lemons for me.

~P

The G36c does GREAT in woodland. Someone lied to you.

I use my G36c in the woodland all the time. It is the best gun for my tactics...which is sneak up and kill the enemy... :D

Just get the C and see how you like it. Then if you need something a bit more, just spend some money and get the G36k conversion kit which is about $115. Not too bad. Plus. ONLY GET A MARUI.

Classic Army is great, no doubt. But for a newer player, the TM will do you more good than the CA. CA has too many lemons for me.

~P

By lemons do you mean Bells and Whisles?

Lemons = Guns that are made badly and get past QC and are marketed. These are bad and cause great distress to its buyer because they have to replace the internals and such.

Oh. Well I know I dont want to put new internals in it one week after I get it. But over time I will figure it out.

Well, lemons are usually rare. I'm not saying that they happen all the time. But I've heard at least....ten people that say they've had lemons from CA. I've heard zero lemons from TM.

TM just has better QC and they are more upgradeable and are cheaper.

Get the Tokyo Marui G36c.

~P

If it wasnt for the fact i intend to start a M16 project soon id buy the new CA36K, shame abou the optics not being too smart though :( however its not a big deal. Theyre supposed to be good but having never handled/fired one and only looked at pics and other people opinions i cant really pass judgement however based on CAs track record and such i dont think youd be going far wrong buying one :)

The TM is the safe bet in terms of the internals, it has several years of reliable service under its belt. Though this doesn't mean the CA is bad, just new! :)

I agree that if you want to get the most out of a CA G36 (or any CA gun) you need to be prepared to get your hands dirty. However, as for one failing out of the box, I wouldn't be too concerned. Especially if you buy from a reputable dealer.

The TM is the safe bet in terms of the internals, it has several years of reliable service under its belt. Though this doesn't mean the CA is bad, just new! :)

I agree that if you want to get the most out of a CA G36 (or any CA gun) you need to be prepared to get your hands dirty. However, as for one failing out of the box, I wouldn't be too concerned. Especially if you buy from a reputable dealer.

And from what I heard WGCshop and RedWolf are good?

I've ordered from Redwolf before. They did a great job. I had no problems with them at all. But I would have to say order from WGC. They seem to have more customer service than redwolf. Although, Redwolf did answer all my questions about my order.

Just go for WGC. They are cheaper and have more of a selection of parts for you.

~P

I love my CA36k. But one thing I've discovered with it, is you cannot treat this thing like a TM.

TM's are built like a tank, you can put those internals through hell and back and it still shoots a-ok(least my M4 does).

Case and point: My local field only allows field BB's to be used. Translation: Cheap *albatross* .12g "flying colors" garbage that I would normally never even look at without eye protection of some form. I skirmished there with my TM M4 for MONTHS before I.. uhh. decided to tweak it and left it sitting in parts waiting for a new stock to hold the battery. Anyway, the TM internals took those .12g garbage BBs with flying colors(pun intended).

Then I got my CA36k. My room-mate, in his infinite wisdom, used all my .2's for plinking with my hi-capa in the backyard(######!!!). I wanted to shoot this bad boy. So I loaded half a mag with the .12s and went out back to shoot some cans. 12 shots later I have a BB jam and a stripped gear. Wonderful..

Now you could say "that can happen with any gun." And you'd be right, but I've had many many many jams in my TM and never got one stripped gear. My CA36k, no matter how much I love the thing, is just touchier when it comes to jams.

Moral of the story: Cheap BB's + expensive AEGs = disaster. With TM being an exception sometimes, not always but more often than not.

Archived